Enchanted Garden: Paths of Stories
at the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh
Tune in with nature and rediscover the pleasure of strolling amongst
trees while listening to beautiful stories. Scottish storytellers Amanda
Edmiston, Daniel Allison, Daniel Serridge and Jane
Mather will guide you on storywalks through the Royal Botanic
Garden, unveiling the untold stories of trees and wildlife.
All storywalks depart from the entrance next to John Hope Gateway on Arboretum Place. Follow signage for Storywalks.
Wed 21 Oct - To Catch a Falling Leaf
It is said that if you catch a falling leaf before it hits the ground, a wish will be granted. Try your luck on storyteller Daniel Serridge's story walk through the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh, and hear stories of those who have tried and failed.
Sat 24 Oct - Sylvan Steps
Storyteller Amanda Edmiston shares stories and legends about the trees in the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh, along with insights into the role they played at a tumultuous point of history, and the remedies and traditional uses they were known for and still offer today. These sessions draw from a new chapter of Amanda’s Very Curious Herbal project, especially curated for this interactive storywalk and inspired by pioneering Scotswoman Elizabeth Blackwell, the first woman to publish a herbal in 1737.
Wed 28 Oct - Raindrop Trail
Join us in a celebration of water and the stories it inspires. Storyteller Jane Mather will guide you through the magical landscape of the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh to discover pagodas, puddles and plentiful wishes.
Sat 31 Oct - Between Two Worlds: Stories of Samhuinn
Take a walk with storyteller Daniel Allison and listen to stories that go beyond the veil and into the otherworld. Featuring tales of warriors, word-smiths and wanders from across the Celtic world.
Booking & Info:
For tickets please call Royal Botanic Gardens Edinburgh
Tickets are limited to 6 people from a mazimum of 2 households.
Please book in advance, tickets will not be available on the day.
Royal Botanic Gardens Edinburgh
See on Map
In line with recent Scottish Government updates please read the
- We ask that you wear a face covering for the safety of our staff, storytellers and other guests for the duration of the walking tour.
- During the walking tour, please ensure you keep a 2m distance from other household groups.
- For your safety tour sizes have been limited so please book in advance to avoid disapointment.
- We will provide a TourTalk wireless audio system so please bring headphones with a 3.5mm audio jack-plug.
- Please remember we are Scotland, wear weather appropriate clothing!
- SISF - Storytelling Walks
- 31-31 October 2020
- 50 minutes
- 13:00, 15:00
- Scottish International Storytelling Festival