Guidelines updated 18th April 2022
How we are keeping you safe
SSC promises to:
- • Adhere to current government guidance on covid safety, and continually assess best practice for safety of staff, performers, and audience members.
- • Ensure that enhanced cleaning measures are regularly taking place including frequent touch points, toilet facilities and the Netherbow Theatre on a regular basis throughout the day.
- • Ensure the provision of hand sanitizer and handwashing stations within the building for staff and customers.
- • Display appropriate covid safety guidelines signs in the building.
- • Ensure that staff will continue to wear face coverings or face shields (unless exempt)
- • Update customers if changes occur to advertised performance schedule with as much notice as possible.
In return, we ask that audiences:
- • Sanitize hands on arrival to the building, and wash hands frequently.
- • Wear face coverings unless exempt. This is no longer a mandatory requirement, but we encourage our visitors to wear one if possible.
- • Arrive in adequate time ahead of performance. Doors will open 15 minutes ahead of start time to give us enough time to seat customers safely.
- • Where possible, book your tickets in advance. Customers will be issued with an e-ticket which can be scanned on your mobile phone or device to minimise contact.
- • Do not enter the building if you have any symptoms of COVID-19.
- • If you start feeling unwell during your visit please let a staff member know.
Staff safety measures:
- • Only essential staff will work in the centre, working from home where possible is encouraged.
- • All staff have received training on working in a Covid-safe manner and will adhere to current government guidelines at all times.
- • Whilst in the venue staff will distance where possible, wear face masks (unless medically exempt) and wash their hands frequently, and immediately after touching surfaces.
- • Appropriate PPE will be worn by First Aiders when carrying out any tasks that involve direct contact.
Performing companies safety measures:
- • Only authorised members of cast and companies are permitted into the theatre and dressing room spaces.
- • Dressing room will be cleaned after each performance and windows will stay open for ventilation.
- • Cast and company members will leave the building as soon as possible following the end of each performance.