How we are keeping you safe
These guidelines are for events held at the Scottish Storytelling Centre. For partner or external events please check with the specific venue for their Covid-19 Guidelines.
SSC promises to:
- Adhere to current government guidance on covid safety, and continually assess best practice for safety of staff, performers, and audience members.
- Ensure appropriate distancing measures are implemented for theatre performances by introducing allocated seating.
- Ensure that enhanced cleaning measures are regularly taking place including frequent touch points, toilet facilities and the Netherbow Theatre on a regular basis throughout the day.
- Ensure spaces are well ventilated including 100% fresh air supply in the Netherbow Theatre.
- Ensure the provision of hand sanitizer and handwashing stations within the building for staff and customers.
- Our current no refund/exchange policy remains in place. We will offer refunds or exchanges if you are unable to attend due to a positive test result/requirement to isolate. SSC will request evidence of official notice from gov test/trace/isolate websites and apps or PCR test results with clear evidence of name and date of test result. 24 hours’ notice is required, any requests within 24 hours will be handled on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of management.
- Display appropriate covid safety guidelines and direction signs in the building.
- Ensure all staff wear face coverings or face shields (unless exempt) and to maintain appropriate distance from customers and colleagues.
- Supply disposable face masks for customers if required.
- Update customers if changes occur to advertised performance schedule with as much notice as possible.
- Adopt a zero-tolerance approach towards any audience members who attempt to disrupt or undermine our safety measures, whether they be related to Covid or any other subject.
In return, we ask that audiences:
- Sanitize hands on arrival to the building, and check-in via our check in Scotland app displayed at reception.
- Wear face coverings (ensuring nose and mouth are covered) unless exempt. This includes when in the theatre for the duration of the performance.
- Arrive in adequate time ahead of performance. Doors will open 15 minutes ahead of start time to give us enough time to seat customers safely.
- No Latecomers: to maintain safe distancing between groups and to not disrupt the performance we have adopted a strict no latecomers’ policy.
- Where possible, book your tickets in advance. Customers will be issued with an e-ticket which can be scanned on your mobile phone or device to minimise contact.
- Do not enter the building if you, or anyone in your household has symptoms of COVID-19 or you have been told to self-isolate by Test and Protect.
- If you start feeling unwell during your visit please let a staff member know.
Staff safety measures:
- Only essential staff will work in the centre, working from home where possible is encouraged.
- All staff have received training on working in a Covid-safe manner and will adhere to current government guidelines at all times.
- Whilst in the venue staff will observe social distancing, wear face masks (unless medically exempt) and wash their hands frequently, and immediately after touching surfaces.
- Appropriate PPE will be worn by First Aiders when carrying out any tasks that involve direct contact.
- Staff are encouraged to take regular lateral flow tests for the safety of colleagues and visitors.
Performing companies safety measures:
- Only authorised members of cast and companies are permitted into the theatre and dressing room spaces.
- Performance times are well spaced out to avoid congestion of performing companies with the venue.
- All cast and company members are required to observe social distancing and wear facemasks whilst they are in the venue unless exempt or are on stage and wash their hands frequently/immediately after touching any surfaces.
- Dressing room will be cleaned after each performance and windows will stay open for ventilation.
- Cast and company members will leave the building as soon as possible following the end of each performance.
- Cast and company members are encouraged to take regular lateral flow tests for the safety of colleagues and visitors.